Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day

It's been a long week, but quite a fantastic one if I don't mind saying.

I felt as if God was really just moving through the whole team this week, not saying he doesn't always, but I could really feel him this week. It's amazing what can happen when you ask the Holy Spirit to just move through you. For instance; we went to a troubled household, a place where girls go who have been abused and sexually assaulted, ect. We really got to minister to these girls, and you could tell they really needed it. They were a rowdy group of teenage girls, but it was to be expected. I really just wanted to love on these groups of girls, because I could tell they were really broken and needed to be loved. That’s one of the most important things it talks about in the bible, to love on people just as they are. These girls just needed it. We did some dramas and just made a difference. And since it wasn’t a school it was a better place where we could openly talk about Jesus. Lots of the girls had questions asking about God/Jesus that were really valid questions. We just testified what God has done in our life and how they can have what we have by just talking to him and asking him into their life. One girl wanted it. She was crying to us and telling us her story, and it was really sad but then we talked to her and she wanted Jesus. You could tell that she was talking about Marry at first, but we told her that its Jesus is the way. You could tell she needed him. She got bullied lots but she was a strong person. The important thing here is that she was saved that night. That’s what ministry is about. We loved on these kids, and even if no one else asked God into their life that night, we know that we planted a seed and opened up their eyes huge, and it came down to love.

One of the nights this week we all just freely worshipped God in the main area where we eat. We just prayed a listened to worship. It was beautiful. We haven’t worshipped like that outside of church like that since we left boot camp. It was wonderful. We just proclaimed to God everything we had and thanked him and listened to him. He taught me lots about confidence and more about obedience. He told me to pray for Erin and her migraines, and so I did. But then my biggest obstacle came, and it was to pray for a stranger. This man I have seen at the Sprachcaffe for a while now. He was a crippled man with arm braces. For days God told me to pray for him, but I was waiting for a good opportunity. God gave me that time, and I was pushed. I left the room and went for it. I didn’t even know where he was but everything in me knew I needed to do it. I was scared, only I felt put on the spot. Then I found him, sitting at the bar near the lobby. Then I said “ Lord Help me” and then man walked out. Eventually I had to go for it, and then I went up to him and introduced myself. God spoke through me, and it came down to me just asking him if I could pray for him, but he said no. I wasn’t disappointed, because I had done what God asked me. I will probably have another opportunity to pray for him in the future, and hope it planted a seed in him life. I was bold.

Wednesday, we did some evangelism in Valetta (city behind walls). We met with the youth group and walked around. We split up and we just handed out books about Jesus that the River of Love church made, which was a vision the pastor had. So we handed them out to people and then prayed for some people and just got to know some too. It was a time to just be faithful to people. It was wonderful. Also, it helped the youth to step out of their comfort zone and talk to people too, but the Holy Spirit led everything. Great time.

The rest of the week consisted of lots of Jesus time, lots of the team fasting and just getting to know him better. The schools that week were awesome, and we got to reach out to them lots. Our speaks after the dramas are getting better and better. You can see that it’s a huge eye opener for the kids.

We had a petizzi-eating contest one afternoon with Gaz, Ben and I. I only ate 5 of them nasty things, and Gaz won with eating over 10, and Ben puking after 9. BEST EVER!

Gaz went back to England Thursday night. Saturday was a day off, and I did literally nothing, but it was nice. Actually, Mel and I decided to go into our courtyard where all our bedroom windows face and build a little fire. It’s a little jungle back there, but it was fun. We tried to catch Lizards too, but that failed.

Then we watched biggest loser and played Sims. LOL.

Today is Valentines Day, and Dave’s birthday! BIG 38! We had heart pancakes and it was cute. We had 3 services today. The youth group at the River of Love was great; we did dramas and hung out with the kids. They range from 14-25. Then another adult service after the youth service at the River of Love. Then after that we went out for dinner at this place called Abracabobra, a Turkish place.

We got home and did our valentines day stuff. The boys sung, “ You are my fire” to the girls with a guitar, and made a cute card for everyone with messages. Then the girls sung a song they wrote that was super cute that I recorded. I love them. Then they brought us into the room and had candles everywhere, and a table with personal cards and our favorite Maltese Pop beside it. It was the best.

Then a yummy chocolate cake for Dave’s birthday.

What a cute night.

I hope Amy liked her card I made, lol. I love you Hun, and I hope you have a wonderful day. You are very special to me, and I love you so much, even more then chocolate cake ;) You are my Valentines, no matter what. And Mom, I love you lots too.

Tomorrow we are hanging out. Were going to Carnival to check everything out. It’s this yearly tradition were they have a bunch of everything going on. They have shows and cultural floats and activities. You can dress up too. But basically it’s over a couple day period. I’m excited to check it out. It’s like a big get to do, kind of like Stampede but in a different way. LOL. So that will be cool.

I’m praying for you Chad, and I love you so much. I hope your surgery goes well, and I want you to know the Lord isn’t done with you. Your cancer will be gone, and you will heal by Jesus. He has a plan and a purpose for you, don’t give up. Have faith. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment