Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The big Update

It’s kinda as if I don’t have a blog anymore, but I'm sorry for those that actually read this. For some reason I just haven’t been writing, but mostly because it feels as if there is so much stuff to write about. I’m not going to write a million page blog either, but I will write about life in general. Plus lots of people are already updated with things.

First off, It’s already well off into the second half of the mission, and by some minor changed I believe it’s going to be a really amazing second half.

We have had some team issues, well huge team issues that are now to an extent dealt with and getting better. Mostly with leadership styles and our own selfishness getting in the way. I’m not going to state everything that’s happened, but I am going to say that it all happens for a reason. Just because we have difficulties does’t mean we Arne’t a productive team. Though it’s has been rough we know that God is teaching us so much through it. We are learning on how to deal with things in a more biblical way. The more you read the whole chapter of James in the bible, things begin to make more sense and easier to deal with. There is some juicy stuff in that Chapter.

One portion of scripture we have been finding useful for out team is in 1 Peter 3:8-12.

All Christians

8 Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters.7 Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. 9 Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it. 10 For the Scriptures say,

“If you want to enjoy life
and see many happy days,
keep your tongue from speaking evil
and your lips from telling lies.
11 Turn away from evil and do good.
Search for peace, and work to maintain it.
12 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right,
and his ears are open to their prayers.
But the Lord turns his face
against those who do evil.”

We had Danny from England come down to help us get out team in line and help us all deal with our issues. By all means, I’m not any better than anyone but I can say that I have been keeping my attitude in line and keeping my complaining to a minimum which has been a problem with the team. I have had tons of encouragement saying I'm doing a good job of that, and it makes me feel good. The whole team is getting better.

We have team goals too. 1) No complaining, and keeping our attitudes right 2) Hanging out with kids at schools more.

We also have personal Goals. Mine are: Having at least one God conversation with someone on the team once a day, because I care about people and it’s important to know how people are doing. 2) Finding a new creative way to meet with God every week. 3) Maintaining a steady devotional life.

Dave and Erin decided to give us all a taste of leadership too. We all have turns to be the boss. We are in charge of everything, from planning the day and calling all the places we attend in a day, to grocery shopping. EVERYTHING. So far it’s been pretty cool.

God told me a while ago that I need to start focusing more on me and my relationship with him instead of concerning myself about other peoples life than mine. Not saying that putting people before myself is a bad thing, but you have to draw the line when its taking away from what’s most important in my life, Jesus.

We have been very fruitful on this island. We remain in prayer lots for this island to have a break through and see a harvest. We may not see results right off the bat, but we know in the long run Jesus will be present in people’s life’s. One thing that was said a while ago that really stuck with me was, “ It’s not our job to save people, but to tell them about Jesus”. For some reason it hit me. God will call us to further actions to pray for people, or people will come to us, but our job is to see people hear the gospel. That’s the most important thing in this life time and we need to get it through their heads. People may not know the importantance of what it is or what it means to them but one thing is sure, that Jesus is our everything. The Catholics here need to know and understand that it’s about having a relationship with him. Yes there are a few differences, but its comes down to knowing the truth and accepting that. The choice is theirs. People say the don’t really know if God exists and struggle with believing in him, but how can you believe in something if you don’t have faith? Or have faith and not believe?

I just want to know God more and more! I want his knowledge, and him more in my life. I don’t want to go home and go back to old ways, because I came here to show people Hope, but to be a changed person. I’m excited for that. This is not done yet, and there is still so much to happen.

Things:

So much has happened. This last previous week was amazing. We met this Guy named Sam at a bible study at the university a couple weeks ago. He is a great guy, He invited us to this youth group that was apparently close to where we live. A couple of us went, and literally it was right outside our place. It was at a building right next door. They have youth their every Saturday. They call it, Y4J ( youth For Jesus) We walk in to a melody of amazing worship. There was lots of kids, and we just worshiped. The band was so good. Once that was done we were randomly called up and asked to share who we were. Only 4 of us we there, but it was interesting how God gave us so much favour. We got to speak for 15 minutes. People loved us. Afterwards we hung out with a bunch of people that night. We were at Mcdonalds for hours and talked. They were amazing people. I felt as if we knew them forever, and they made me think of friends from home that reminded me of them. We got really close with them.

All week we attended this Lental talk conference called “ what’s pulling your strings?” it was so amazing. Great worship and a great speak all night. We had translators which was nice. We went all week. That week, the way I connected with God in a creative way was in the catholic church. We had to knell down on the kneelers and pray to God. They had music, but I felt Gods presence so strong. It was interesting because I had never done that before, but I took it as an opportunity to connect with God. It was all very similar to what I'm used to, but different at the same time. It really seemed all week that mostly everyone were Christians. It was just amazing. And all the people we hung out with all week are now like our family. They said we were a breath of fresh air for them and I think we encouraged them in so many different areas. Just to Know God more and dig into the word more, because that one thing we have noticed that people here don’t usually read their bibles. Then we had a picnic with them on the weekend. So great, I'm excited to hang out with them more. Oh, and thanks for taking us out dancing guys J, so much fun.

Mel and I are the children on the team and just dance all over the place. The team expect the Mel and Kj Show everyday because we are just outrageous. LOL. I’m going to miss that once this is all over.

We have been going to sessions about Tunisia, and learning about their culture. Some people we hang out with used to live there, so we are being taught about Muslims and what they believe in. It’s a blessing for Jonah to give us so much attention, when were only going to be gone 2 weeks. We leave April 21st-May 5th. We are traveling light, only pack packs and taking the train down the coast. God is going to do so much. I’m excited to ride on a camel. But I will talk more about this once we get closer.

Other things are just spending lots of times with new and old youth groups. We are growing closer to churches and still visiting new ones. We have written new dramas and done them in colleges on the island too. We have spoken to many prisoners and Showed them the love of God.

Amy and I got to our 1 year anniversary, though we all know it’s almost double that but it was cool to get there officially <3>

I keep praying for Chad, because his surgery is at the end of the month and I pray for healing all the time. The whole team does. Everyone keep praying please! The Lord had big plans for him. And I prayed for more of God in his life. Jesus be with him!

Mostly God is showing me and preparing me for so much more. The battle has already been won, but we still need to fight. I finding the person God wants me to be. God had answered so many prayers so far, and people are being saved.

SO MUCH!!!!

This week we have been taking the fairy to Gozo, which is like a 2 min ride. We have been at schools. It’s a pretty island, but we will explore more on our last day. I feel so tight on that island, and it feels like your trapped. No wonder people want out of here.

But it’s been so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment