Monday, February 8, 2010

Gone 1 month

Friday:

We went to our first non-private school. It was a school that was an American School. It had boys and girls, and they were from all over the world. Some from Canada and US, and then from all over Europe and stuff. It was a really cool mix. And the cool part was, the school was only a block away from where were staying. We got there and we did our main show, and we had really little space but we made it work. We did some small dramas and then some games. It was a great group of kids, and they were all like 14-15 year olds, but seriously I thought they were all like 17, they were really mature. It was nice to have a group that really listened to us and really enjoyed what they saw. And because they were mostly all foreigners so it was easier to connect.
At the end we got talking and we told them where we are staying and most of them said they go their everyday after school and chill. Then we decided that we would hang out one day. Collectively we all decided to hang out Saturday at 1pm. They were going to meet us at our place. So we were excited to hang out with them.
Then we had lots of time before the evening to chill and hang out. OH, and I forgot to mention, a guy named Gaz flew down from London to hang out for a week. He was a guy who was on Life Force a couple years ago, and also the Son of the lady I stayed with In Walsal. He is a great guy, so he is tagging along with us.
That night we went to this family’s house for youth group. They were a great group of people. The house was like a castle on the inside, it was so nice. We had pizza and hung out. Their family has been all over, and they are just following Gods command. This youth group is part of their vision. The one daughter is the same age, and she rocked the sweetest Afro ever. We will hang with them again im sure.

Saturday:

I woke up sick; not impressed. Had some breakfast and hung out till 1. I was really excited to hang out with the youth. It would give us the opportunity to get to know the kids more and just love on them, and minister to them at any opportunity. 8 of us went, and the rest went to Gozo, which is the island like 40 min away from Malta. We showed up and all together we were rolling 17 people deep! It was so funny. Not everyone from the class came, but the ones that wanted to come. We decided to take the bus to the other side of the island and check out the cliffs. We had to hide this dog in a bag to get him on the bus, it was funny. The busses are really cheap too, like 47 pents. Or you could buy a day pass, but you had to be in the same zone, and we weren’t going to be. It was a good bus ride and it was really pretty. I stopped and realized where I was and how beautiful it was and the chance of a lifetime it actually was.
We got off in Mdina and went to the best petizzi place on the island; they were pretty great. Then we begun to walk to the cliffs. It ended being an hour walk from where we were. It was a nice day out and rolling 17 of us was so fun. We got to know everyone so great and talk with everyone. This one girl was like our tour guide and she knew everything about everything. The kids here are so free to do whatever and explore. It’s not like they can really go anywhere else. They all go to the clubs on the weekends and they are under age too. I don’t know how they get in, but I guess everyone does it. They want us to go dancing with them. I’m excited to talk to them more about our mission and how Jesus had made a difference in our life, because I know they can see that were different and I want to make a difference in they’re life. One step at a time.
The cliffs were so pretty, the best place I have seen so far. The sun was right on the water and it was really windy and the view was amazing. It was well worth the walk and the adventure. You get to do that to often, I had a blast.
I was trying not to let me being sick slow me down either.
We took a bus back instead of walking, and then caught another bus to get back home. We got to know them so much, and we will all hang out so soon im sure because they hang around where we live.
By the end of the day I was feeling really gross.

Sunday:

Woke up, feeling like death, but I had drugs to help. We went to a new church today. It was really nice. We had headsets to listen too with a lady translating the service for us, it was interesting. But before the service we spend time in prayer at tables for different things. Then went home, ate and go ready for youth.
Youth was fun as usual, and I was really tired. I have all day felt the spirit so hard and I was worshiping with all my heart and just reading my bible and God was speaking to me lots. It was a great day.
Then I skyped with Amy and Mom, it was cute. I miss you guys, lots. I miss you and love you lots Amy J.
Now im downloading the biggest loser on itunes.

Monday we will probably get to sleep in because we don’t have a school in the morning, lets hope. I want to sleep in, but we may have to get up, and then were going to a troubled girls school in the evening.
Also, were doing a group Bread and water fast. So just bread and water, LOL. I’m excited, because I need some intense Jesus time.

No comments:

Post a Comment