Sunday, January 31, 2010

3 weeks gone

WOW. I guess I have had no motivation to update this in a while.
So this last week went really great. We got to go to more schools all week.
Your never sure what to expect everytime we go to another school because every group of kids are different. This week we got really great responses and kids really liked us. Well its not normal for them to have a team from Canada come take them out of class to watch some drama and play games, so of course they like it. But it’s our opertunity to share with them our faith and offer them hope, but also teach them some life lessons for their age ranges. We have been getting gmore confisdent with speaking after drama’s and sharing our heart with the kids. I pray that it’s always God speaking through me. Its best to engage them and be real with them. Telling personal stories and sharing that aspect with them makes them more interested. Last week we had lots of kids we stayed for a long time to talk to us, and asked us so many questions and even being interesting in LifeForce and the street invaders team in the summer, so that shows that Gods ansawering our prayers. They love us so much that they don’t want us to leave and they are basically crawling on us and just wanting to hang out. Most of them are old enough to meet us places to hang out too. It’s great.
We had a meeting with Rita, our coordinator this week for her to tell us how were doing.
She told us things we can work on and things to be more aware of. Lots of it was useful, but she tried explaining to us to sometimes tone down what we talk about. Our focuss is to spread the love of God, and we have the freedom to do that, so we can’t completely stop that all together and completely focuss on life lessons, because that’s not our purpose. I understand we can’t do a ton of preaching because that will lose their interest. Because mostly everyone is Catholic, it’s good that we can express to them that it’s about a relationship, and they get that message by what we say and what show in our dramas. So it’s about balance. But that not our whole ministry; our ministry is to spread the gospel all over, and be the church. So we hang with the youth groups and we go on prayer walks and listen to where God wants us to go. We our starting to do more outreach too. Everything will come in time. But God gave me a slap across the face because ei wasn’t spending enough time with him, so I need to start doing that because he misses that and so do I. need to stop getting caught up in everything else, because team life isn’t everything. I love him so much. He is speaking to me clear and showing me lots of cool things, and I finally feel im starting my new chapter with him. I have been praying lots about after im done with Lifeforce, but it’s still unclear but he had been showing me climpses of things which is cool.
Im praying lots for everyone back at home, and here as-well. The Lord is not done yet, and it’s amazing so far.
I have been praying for the gift of language, because I think it would be cool to understand Maltese, but I guess I could learn. Lots of people speak English, so that’s not a big problem, but I want to learn some. Rita is a big help when we need her to translate.
We have been pretty blessed with our free time, but its almost to much free time. It will get better once we have more on our schedule. But now we just sit around too much. We are praying more as a team and doing worship which is good.
I’m also loving our services we attend.
The River of love is a fantastic church with a great youth program. We attend there Saturday night services, and the Sunday youth. We are hanging out lots with the youth and getting to know them a lot better. We have been doing lots with them, and its great. I can hardly wait for the youth retreat were going on with them. They need a new building, so we have been praying lots for that because its getting really big.
The other church we go to on Sunday morning is my favourite. It’s a very big space, but not enough people. They are praying for a harvest. The worship and spirit you feel in that place is so great. I love the goose-bumps I get from listening to the people speak. The people at that church are so friendly and welcoming. It’s so amazing.

We have explored lots more of the island too. We went to the beach the other day, not to far from where we live. Its one of the best beaches to go swim at. And it’s an actual sand beach too. Erin, Dave. Charla and Keegan and I all went down there. It started to rain, but we all shed some layers and went and ran in the waves and got rained on. BEST MOMENT EVER! And the view was fantastic, I don’t even think a picture could describe it. Im excited to swim in it.

Well tomorrow is my day off, so I need to figure out what I want to do.
Plus, im loving Skype. It’s the best way to stay connected with the close ones, and it’s a free and easy way to talk. I even got to talk to Grandma the other day over speaker phone ( talk about being cheap) LOL. I love it.

That’s all for now. I will upload pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment