Monday, December 28, 2009

Sunday the 27th

So I went to Church as soon as I woke up, and it was beautiful. I realized while sitting there how much I love Rocky View Alliance. It's a wonderful Church, and it's just getting better and better. It's cool saying you have a home church, and somewhere you can go to fully be yourself and worship God. I have been going to Rocky for 5.5 years, and it feels like so much longer. When I think back I remember how different it even being, not in a bad way but it was structured so differently. I can even tell the difference in modernization; before it was more traditional and now it feels like a different place but the same at the same time if that makes sense? But I suppose it has to do with different Pastors that have rolled in and some who left and do things a different which has been a good change. Even the building has changed with the whole building plans. The renovations have been under-go for a long time, and lots of money and planning has been put into it.
I just love it there, I love going every Sunday and you can feel the presence of God. The change I feel in that place is amazing. People have been praying for it for a long time and you can feel how God is working in both the pastors. It's so awesome, and you can tell how much they have changed from when they first god there, till now.
I remember the days where I was at the church so often for youth, and Sunday school stuff and meetings. It's a place where my walk with God begun, and where I met so many of my close friends. I'm so grateful for every relationship and friend I made, and it makes me smile.
It's gonna be sad being away for so long, and going to different churches all the time instead. DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'm excited to experience what I'm going to, because this is what God wants for me but it's still a bit sad to think about. I'm going to be thinking about Rocky when I'm gone and on the road, but I know my heart will be with other places I step foot in.

Yesterday it was nice to hang out the entire day with Mel, Katie, Kayla, Luc, Dess and more people later on. It was nice to catch up on a personal level with certain people and made me realize how much they mean to me. Mel and I spent like 2 hours at walmart, which was fun. Then went to her house to worship, and others came over and we talked and had a great night.

I am very excited to speak at Church next Sunday, and I'm getting things set up for that this week!

WOW, exactly 2 weeks till I'm gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment